There is no cost to you unless we win your case!

What are my rights?


There are a number of statutes that can cover offshore workers.
Here are your basic rights from the biggest ones:

The Jones Act
The act covers employees of U.S. ships who suffered personal injury, illness, or death during the course of his or her employment The Jones act allows that injured employee to seek damages in a trial by jury. This act primarily protects those offshore employees who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, but may protect others under certain circumstances. A non-U.S. employee may recover under the Jones Act if he or she was injured while working on a U.S. ship, in U.S. waters, if the ship was constructed to transport cargo, and was in fact transporting cargo. If the seaman is found to have contributory negligence, it will not bar a claim.

You can sue under unseaworthiness for such injuries as pain and suffering, impairment of earning potential, hospital bills, and other reasonable losses from an offshore injury.

Maintenance and Cure
You can sure under maintenance and cure if you can prove only that your injury was sustained during the course of employment.

Death on the High Seas Act
Families of seamen who have died due of negligence while in international waters can file a claim for recovery against the ship's owner. A finding of contributory negligence will not bar a claim.

Contact us now for a consultation:
or call


What do you do in the event of an accident or injury?

If you or someone you know has been injured offshore, the first step to take is to immediately seek professional legal representation. The company you work for will hire their own investigators and legal team to investigate your injury to prove you were at fault. Before you talk to anyone else you need to speak to a qualified attorney that has an expertise in Maritime and Admiralty Law. Your attorney will help you receive the compensation you deserve and get you the money to cover your medical expenses and lost wages. The Best Law can help you formulate a solid case backed up by years of experience and knowledge in offshore and maritime law. So, contact us now for a free consultation to see if you may be entitled to make a claim. If your accident happened on a rig, vessel or anywhere over water you could have a claim! Before you talk to anyone else contact an attorney.

Request a free Brochure

Email Address: